Sunday, March 2, 2008

color wheel

I've done color wheels, as I think all of us have, quite a few times in grade and middle school. I never really found them interesting or captivating. Never using this type of paint, or much paint for that matter, I was having difficulties. I mean I understand the purpose of a color wheel and understanding color interaction it was just never something that really sparked my interest. I made my way through primary, complementary and analogous colors struggling to mix proper proportions of each.

I finally finished, still not really furthering my appreciation of color relations. Waiting to peel the last slice of this color pie's tape I realized what I liked from the project. As out there as this sounds, the pile of tape which had served as a boarder for my pie had made a intricate colored pattern. There was nothing I really gleaned from this pile of color, just for the first time since we'd started this color I appreciated the color interaction

No comments: